Fill the form to book a FREE consultation!

    Yes I'd like to be contacted by Global Touch.
    I'd like to receive useful information from Global Touch

    Commercial Cookery

    • Home
    • Commercial Cookery

    Food is one of the most essential staples in everybody’s life, which is why cooking has always served an important role in society. This is why being a chef or a professional cook is considered to be one of the most revered positions in any country all over the globe.

    There are plenty of other reasons that you should consider beginning your hospitality career in the Land Down Under! Tourism sector is world-class and booming, making it one of the best places to work in hospitality – particularly commercial cookery.

    If you are creative, able to work under pressure and enjoy cooking and creating new dishes, then a career in the culinary arts industry might be for you. A degree in the Culinary Arts can open doors to a wide range of careers in the hospitality industry. If you want to be a pastry chef or undergo chef training these courses advertised with us can help you fast-track your career ambitions.

    ?Certificate III in Commercial Cookery

    ?Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery

    ? Diploma of Hospitality Management (Commercial Cookery)

    ?Advance Diploma of Hospitality Management (Commercial Cookery)

    Must be 18 year old
    Academic Minimum Year 11 or equivalent completed
    IELTS 5.5

    Job Ready Program (JRP)

    The Job Ready Program (JRP) is for international student graduates who hold an Australian qualification issued by a CRICOS registered training organisation based on studies in Australia.

    It is a four-step employment-based skills assessment program that provides you with the opportunity to demonstrate that your skills and job readiness are relevant to your nominated occupation, in an Australian workplace before you apply for migration in Australia.

    STEP 1 – Provisional Skills Assessment (PSA)

    After completing 2 years of Commercial Cookery package course you can apply for Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485) under Graduate stream. You are required to get Provisional Skills Assessment (PSA) from Trade Recognition Australia (TRA).

    Eligibility Criteria:

    Valid Student Visa

    CRICOS registered qualification that is relevant to the occupation assessed by TRA

    Proof of relevant paid employment or work placement of minimum 360 hours relating to your qualification and nominated occupation The experience/placement must be within 3 years before the submission of PSA application

    Apply for Graduate Temporary (subclass 485) Visa

    After getting a positive PSA you can apply for 485 visa.

    Requirements for 485 visa application

    You need to satisfy 2 years Australian study requirement.
    You need 6 overall but no less than 5 in any module in IELTS.
    Your nominated occupation is required to be in MLTSSL.
    If the application is decision ready and if all the required documents are submitted at the time of application then the 485 visa will be granted for the duration of one and half years (18 months).


    Over a period of 1 year you must have paid employment of at least 1725 hours from the start date of your Job Ready Employment in an Australian workplace which is TRA approved.

    During your employment, you will be required to keep a monthly journal describing examples of the tasks and duties you are undertaking in your workplace relevant to your occupation.


    You will be assessed at your workplace by a TRA – approved registered training organisation. The assessment will focus on the activities you have been required to perform during the period of your employment as recorded in your Job Ready Journal.

    After the assessor has reviewed your documentation and is satisfied with your performance, he/she will give you a positive JRWA outcome.


    After the successful PSA and JRWA outcome you will become qualified to apply for JRFA. This is the final step of the JRP. You need to submit an evidence of 1725 hours of paid employment in the period of 12 months in the occupation you chose. Along with that you must provide the 12 months of Job Ready Journals signed by your nominated supervisor and approved by TRA. After this you will receive a Full Skill Assessment from TRA.

    Apply for Skilled Visas

    With the Full Skills Assessment from TRA you can apply Permanent Residency through the points based visa stream. You can then look to apply for PR Visa Subclass 189 or 190 or 491.

    Visit the Trade Recognition Australia (TRA) website via clicking the below link.

    Skill Assessment

    The following are just some of the many culinary arts jobs currently available:

    • Caterer
    • Banquet Chef
    • Prep Cook
    • Executive Chef
    • Pastry Chef
    • Line Cook
    • Kitchen Manager
    • Sous Chef